I leave Thursday to head to Disney for a leisurely weekend with some of my favorite running partners- my mom, 2 aunts, 5 cousins, and one who I think is a cousin. It should be a great weekend filled with lots of laughter, lots of eating, a little running (as we run the Royal Family 5K), and much fun! It is always a treat to get to hang out w/ these ladies. Over the years, I have always been the youngest and have been so blessed to be able to sit and listen to the more mature women in my family share their life experiences with me. Now, I will fall in the middle of the pack as the younger gals join us! I know that God will bless this time that we all share together. I have seen Him do a mighty work in the lives of the women in my family! So it is with great anticipation that I make this trip, hoping that His glory will be revealed in a beautiful way through each and every one of those dear women whom I love so much! But until then, I still have 2 more days to crank out the miles on the treadmill. This old mare has a few young fillies to leave in the dust...Giddy up!
I started running 2.5 years ago. I quickly found that I was completely out of shape-physically, emotionally, spiritually. As I continued to transition from a walk to a jog, then to a run, I have found that I am becoming more fit in all areas of my life. I have found that God ministers to me in a wonderful way when I am out on the road. It is my prayer, that in some crazy way, He will use my journey to encourage you to run the race of life with Him, as well. Giddy up!
Still Running!
New location. New roads. New lessons.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Getting ready
I leave Thursday to head to Disney for a leisurely weekend with some of my favorite running partners- my mom, 2 aunts, 5 cousins, and one who I think is a cousin. It should be a great weekend filled with lots of laughter, lots of eating, a little running (as we run the Royal Family 5K), and much fun! It is always a treat to get to hang out w/ these ladies. Over the years, I have always been the youngest and have been so blessed to be able to sit and listen to the more mature women in my family share their life experiences with me. Now, I will fall in the middle of the pack as the younger gals join us! I know that God will bless this time that we all share together. I have seen Him do a mighty work in the lives of the women in my family! So it is with great anticipation that I make this trip, hoping that His glory will be revealed in a beautiful way through each and every one of those dear women whom I love so much! But until then, I still have 2 more days to crank out the miles on the treadmill. This old mare has a few young fillies to leave in the dust...Giddy up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Runner #2 is a bit jealous of the Runner #1 heading off to have a great running experience with other members of the Royal Family. This is an event that #1 has been looking forward to for months and a great break from churning out the miles on the treadmill and a chance to share with the family. Not sure I would categorize the other members of the Royal Family as running partners - maybe just partners in crime. But for #1 - I would have never imagined that there would ever have been separation in the statement - "run 3 miles" and "that is what cars are for" - now it is a much different ballgame and we enjoy the time and fellowship together on the road (when I can get her to pause from singing songs to her Ipod). What a joy!
ReplyDelete