Still Running!

New location. New roads. New lessons.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

SPRING!!

Spring is finally here! I have hit the road 4X this week- going at least 4 miles each time. It is so beautiful. I could stay out all day! I supppose I will just go for a nice walk today, since rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Mike is doing 10 this morning. He will run the Lexington 1/2 Marathon next Sunday. Pretty funny guy...I have a surgery scheduled for the 29th, day after the 1/2, and he wants me to run the 1/2 with him. I called the docs office, the secretary said absolutely no runing the day before surgery. Bummer. It would have been a great way to go out before the 4 week recovery period that will follow surgery. If the weather continues to be nice, I am thinking I will sit out back in my bathing suit (no, it's not a bikini) and soak up the rays! What else can I do- no lifting or climbing stairs for a few weeks. I think I may go out of my mind...or blog:)

Kids are doing well. Little spring fever and at times are a little antsy, but considering our living in limbo until Mike finds a job, thay have been hanging tough. Lots of bike riding on their new bikes in the circle of our street with the other kids. No spring sports on tap, just looking to soak in the beauty of Kentucky at a slower pace this year. Smiles!

1 comment: