I started running 2.5 years ago. I quickly found that I was completely out of shape-physically, emotionally, spiritually. As I continued to transition from a walk to a jog, then to a run, I have found that I am becoming more fit in all areas of my life. I have found that God ministers to me in a wonderful way when I am out on the road. It is my prayer, that in some crazy way, He will use my journey to encourage you to run the race of life with Him, as well. Giddy up!
Still Running!
New location. New roads. New lessons.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Time...
Funny thing about time, it passes so very slowly when you are doing nothing. I know that is stating the obvious, but why is that? Most days are a blur, in fact, I would even say most years have been a blur since having children. But sitting on the sofa, day in and day out, has become so very tedious. I thought I was feeling well on Sunday/Monday, so of course I was up a bit more doing what seemed to be small tasks. Small tasks are not so small when you have just had an organ removed, even with less invasive surgery. An organ gone, is just that, an organ gone. How can a body even know what to do with that? I mean, the thing has been there for 39 years and then in 2 hours- poof!- it's gone. I am not mourning the loss of my uterus. I am, however, simply bored out of my mind. I have watched way too much Travel Channel and DVDs. I am a tad frustrated that I can not even take a shower without being winded and totally exhausted. How did I ever run a half marathon?? Mind boggling... So though I am thankful to not have to do laundry and grocery shop or fix meals or make beds, etc. (because my amazing husband is doing the job of 2 right now), I am also sad that I can not do these little tasks that I so often loath doing. Crazy, huh? So until I can walk across the house w/o being winded, I will just have to continue to watch the minutes tick oh so very slowly by.....tick....tick....tick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment