Also, I have had the unique opportunity to guide Madeline through a wonderful weekend filled with scripture and Truth of what God has in store for her over the next number of years. She is no longer my little girl anymore. She is blossoming into a young lady, and while my heart is saddened, I am also very excited to see her become all that God has created her to be. As we journeyed through the Passport2Purity series, she was able to see how God has only the best in store for her. But to achieve that, she has a responsibility to put Him first in everything. Part of me struggled with asking her to take a stand and be very different from what the world wants/expects for young people (even within Christian circles), especially when I did not walk that road myself. But I know that through the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within her, she will be able to live in this world, but not be of the world. I know He will be able to carry her through the challenges of the teen years- friends, peer pressure, boys, figuring out who she is both inside and out. I also trust that God will provide Michael and I with the necessary wisdom and guidance to help her. I just pray that she will know that Mike and I will always be her biggest fans and that we will be there every step of the way during this journey.
I started running 2.5 years ago. I quickly found that I was completely out of shape-physically, emotionally, spiritually. As I continued to transition from a walk to a jog, then to a run, I have found that I am becoming more fit in all areas of my life. I have found that God ministers to me in a wonderful way when I am out on the road. It is my prayer, that in some crazy way, He will use my journey to encourage you to run the race of life with Him, as well. Giddy up!
Still Running!
New location. New roads. New lessons.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
On the come back and entering new territory
This week I have had a great turn around. I am feeling so much better! I have entered the land of the living again. So good to not just be sitting on the sofa all day. I am thankful for the quick healing I have experienced. Modern medicine is simply amazing. We have been richly blessed during this time, and I praise God for His love and provision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment