Still Running!

New location. New roads. New lessons.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Surroundings


It has been a long time since my last post. So much has happened. We have relocated across the country (feels like the other side of the world) to the state of Oregon. While the surroundings are beautiful on a sunny day, you have to peer a little deeper to see that same beauty on the gray, drizzly days that dominate the weeks and months. It has taken a few months to adjust, but God has been faithful to give me new eyes to see all that surrounds me in a different and more wonderful way. Still...I love me some sunshine!

The area we live in is perfect for running (minus the rain). The roads are mostly quiet and lined with beautiful evergreens and moss (which grows on everything). The first 4 months here brought much adjustment as everything was so new! The last 3 months have been filled with contentment and quiet. I'm thankful that the external storm of the past 2 years has calmed.

Running fills my weeks. It provides time with my Lord and a place to just work out all that He continues to teach me about Himself. While studying the Book of Isaiah at BSF, I have been training for a 1/2 marathon which I will run at the end of the month. Both have been challenging! My love is training for a marathon which he hopes I will run with him. Still praying about that one. It is good to be on the same page with him in so many areas of our marriage, running being one of them. It has helped to provide balance and perspective to so much of what we experience as a couple and a family. Its even cooler to see how God has answered so many of our prayers, spoken and unspoken, as He brought us to this new chapter in our lives. It is with great anticipation that I continue to run after Him so as not to miss one thing He has planned for us and for the glory of His kingdom. What a journey it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment